Sunday 26 January 2014

well hello 2014!

I knew I hadn't blogged for a while and had been putting off looking at how long ago it was, but jeezo - October 2013! That's shameful and I apologise wholeheartedly to my followers - if I still have any left! In my defense the last part of 2013 was ridiculously hectic with exams (I passed!), exotic business trips, turning 30 and of course Christmas taking up a lot of my free time. The next few months aren't looking to be any different either as we prepare to try and sell our home....must hide my nail polish collection so as to not put prospective purchasers off!

While I haven't been blogging I have still been dabbling in nail art, so thought for my first post back I would show you what I've been up to with a few pics and none of the detail (mainly because I can't remember what polishes I used :) ).

To start off with... I had some friends round a couple of months ago for food, wine and films (as girls tend to do). One of my friends (Mae) is really into nail art too so she took advantage of my collection to try out this lovely tropical gradient. We had planned for her to do a 'guest post' but we'll get her to do another one so she can make her blogging debut in style :)

Excuse the shadow!
 Next up is a vertical gradient I dabbled with in October, adding a glitter decal for effect. My thumb has matte topcoat to see what I preferred (still undecided!)

short nails :(
Thirdly, for my 30th I had a joint party with my mum for her 60th. As it was early November we decided on a Halloween theme, and I decided to go with matte spider webs using my trusty Barry M nail pen. It was very quick to do and I quite like it, if only spiderwebs were acceptable throughout the year!

Spooky!
 Next up is the first of two xmas manicures. This one was PAINFUL  to do as my husband (A.K.A chief helper) will attest to. I do love it, but my goodness never again!

Remember Xmas trees? Only 10 months to go :)
 And finally, a sparkly reindeer mani for a xmas night out with friends. I will admit this is my second try Rudolph but I'm pleased with how he turned out!

Rudolph the sparkly nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose...
And that's really it folks! My favourite nail polish of late has been Mariah Carey's 'I Snow You Love Me' from the OPI 2013 holiday collection. Alas, January does not have much need for oversized glittery sequins.

What has everyone else been up to? Have you tried any good polishes or manis lately?

fx

No comments:

Post a Comment