Thursday 18 July 2013

Hot pink waterfall mani

So after I removed the beads from my nail constellations mani and repainted my ring fingers with MUA 'Bright Pink', I decided to give a waterfall mani a go. I've seen a few blog posts on this recently and it seemed relatively easy to do while being pretty and eyecatching - perfect all round really :)

partial sunlight
I had a rummage through my collection and decided to go for a variety of colours. I used;

  • MUA'Pistachio Ice Cream' (mint green)
  • MUA 'Bold Blue' (light blue)
  • OPI 'Anti Bleak' (dark purple)
  • Rimmel lasting finish 'Marshmallow Heaven' (light purple)
This seemed like quite a summery combination to me and I really liked the colours against the hot pink. I only wish I had invested in some half decent brushes as I found it quite hard to paint the strokes on - they should really be a bit more delicate than they turned out!

direct sunlight

I went over some of the strokes twice as they needed some opacity to stand up to the pink, then finished off with Seche Vite topcoat.

closer up

polishes used
What do you think, do the colours go together well? Have you tried this design before? If you know of any good nail brush kits please let me know :)

fx

4 comments:

  1. Pretty! The colours all go really well together. :) I just ordered a new set of brushes from ebay the other day (the default set everyone seems to have with 15 brushes for like $3) so I'm excited to use them to try looks like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) yeah I think that's what I have - some of them are good, but some not so much. Perfect for having a go though!! Have fun when they come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! :) I'm going to have to try this one day...after I get through all my crazy glitters, first. LOL

    ReplyDelete